We have all been here and boy is it frustrating! Raise your hand if this sounds familiar...
· I am so smart, but I have to do simple tasks that don’t stimulate me
· I have so many qualifications, but I must do the same report every
· I kind of know where I want to go in my career, but I don’t know how to get
· I hate my boss
· My boss hates me
· I do not get paid enough for this nonsense
· Am I working at a creche? Because people be acting like kids around
I threw the last 2 points in, just for spice but those words have indeed been uttered in the workplace.
It can be extremely easy to get caught up in all the things that frustrate you in your job because you are reminded of them daily. You end up not even wanting to go to work when you wake up in the morning. And then you stay in the cycle of sadness, anger, resentment and depression. You apply for all the jobs and get nothing.
So how do you cope? Or how do you even start breaking the cycle?
You start by doing 1 thing better. That is all.
· Greet everyone you see, with a smile
· Go to work 10 minutes early
· Be friendly to your colleagues
· Ask for help
· Make a new friend
· Do not react when someone provokes you
· Find something to be grateful for at your job
Now, this probably sounds painful, but this is how I made every career change, so I promise you that it works. I made a choice every day, to be the best at what I do, and I changed. Without fail, within a year I would make the career change that I wanted.